Tuesday, March 15, 2011

China Tuesday

China Tuesday - 
Up early with a 1000 meter swim. I tried to take a picture of the amazing pool and was told that pictures were not allowed of the pool? I assume that is to prevent photos of people in the pool and not the pool itself. I was the first one there. Two others began to swim in other lanes. I found myself in a bit of a competition with the swimmer next to me. He was clearly pacing me until he gave up. He rested a few laps and then sprinted out in front of me...people are funny. I steadily caught up with him eventually, as he exited from the pool while I continued.... A quiet victory for the day.
A lot of sitting on the bus has my hamstrings tight.  Jumped into the hot tub for a quick stretch. Then into the ice ice ice cold whirl pool next to the hot tub. A hot cold stretch three times helped. Signed out of the fitness facility grabbed a few of the crisp apples at the counter and up to shower. 
I want to get to breakfast this morning. A mix of western appeal and china surprise. 7 - 7:30 plenty of time for a full breakfast.  Prompt departure for the Jade outlet and tour. We were educated on the value of jade. A new appreciation for the stone. More importantly the art work involved in engraving the jade. We later had a chance to buy any price range of jade and art work. Tis facility had 4 wings. They separated sales of groups by nationality. Upstairs were the Asia's & Middle Eastern clients. Western clients were downstairs. Not sure if the prices were different. 
Onto the Great wall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please email any Post to me for review at CulpeperChamber@gmail.com