Monday, September 30, 2013

A Special Component of Success


Culpeper Star Exponent
Business Monday
September 30, 2013
Jim Charapich

 
Today is best-friend appreciation day. In business we often celebrate our achievements based on the numbers. However, there is an underlying source of our success that often goes unmentioned. It is not that the powerful support is unseen, but rather that is is so woven through the heart of the day that it is sometimes taken for granted.

Today, I celebrate my 24th Anniversary with Katherine. We have been in the Culpeper community for circa 20 of those years. Many of you have seen our journey in raising our children here and volunteering for various organizations along the way. We have been involved in the business community for many of those years as well. Katherine and I have worked together in planting businesses and watching them grow as small business owners. We were fortunate to obtain the Culpeper.com domain name and were able to build businesses around the brand.

As I look back at the 24 years, I am humbled to have been accompanied by Katherine. Her strength of character has been a guiding light in our family. She has worked diligently to ensure that our children had the best opportunity for success. She has been there for them in ways that nurture responsibility and encourage self-confidence. As a mother and spouse she has made the walk more than I could have ever asked for.

Her support of my career has been steady when the future seemed uncertain and encouraging when opportunity presented itself. This is what brought us to Culpeper. I came to work here for an emerging business when the economy was accelerating in the early 1990’s. Sometimes we take for granted that our spouse will just up and move for our career. In my case there was no hesitation.

I am blessed to walk in life with Katherine. I am so thankful for her support and wisdom in allowing me to advance in my career knowing that our family and home has a solid foundation on which to build our future. Her prayers and love have meant everything.

As business professionals, our career opportunities are often made brighter by our spouse. I am eternally thankful for Katherine - Happy Anniversary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please email any Post to me for review at CulpeperChamber@gmail.com