Friday, March 6, 2015

CulpeperFest 2015

Culpeper Chamber of Commerce
Business Article
Culpeper Star Exponent
March 9, 2015

I have an annoying quirk - random songs often swirl around my brain involuntarily for days on end.  While loosely associated with events taking place in my life, melodies and lyrics take-up temporary residence in my frontal lobe from time-to-time.  


For the last week or so, I’ve been stuck in the 1980’s after hearing David Bowie’s song, “Changes”.  Even those not as chronologically advanced as me will almost certainly be able to immediately recall the melody and the lyrics “bridge”  ...  “Ch-ch-ch-ch changes” …  Can you hear it?  Did you just sing it?  

I surmise that this song is stuck in my brain because it has become the unofficial anthem of CulpeperFest 2015.  Since last June, the CulpeperFest Committee has been exploring ideas and concepts to further enhance this highly successful event.  The group tried very hard to avoid saying, “well, that’s the way its always been done”,  or  “it’s not broken, don’t fix it”. We believe we have freshened-up CulpeperFest in a way that will truly connect business to the community.

CulpeperFest will be held Friday, June 12th at Eastern View High School from 3-7pm. Admission will be free with pre-registration at www.culpeperfest.com. In addition to the usual goodies and informational handouts from exhibitors, food and beverages will be available for purchase. A varied line-up of entertainment has been planned along with a selection of short seminars presented by some of our exhibiting businesses.  Yes, this is a big change from previous CulpeperFest formats.  David Bowie’s song was about re-invention, and so is CulpeperFest 2015.  

We have quite a few additional enhancements in the works….watch this column for updates! Uh-oh, Pharrell Williams’ "Happy" just popped in my mind!  I fully expect we will be doing the Happy Dance at CulpeperFest this year.  Hope to see you there!   Interested in exhibiting or food vendor space - go to www.culpeperfest.com or call 540-825-8628.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please email any Post to me for review at CulpeperChamber@gmail.com